Monday 13 April 2020

Unit 1. FAMOUS LIVES: Revision of routines and past events narrations.

Hello everybody!

Remember I have posted 5 different activities so far... starting by your personal introduction here: FIRST TASK. If you are having problems, contact me, start by looking at simple videos and games you have got here on the blog, use dictionaries linked here 👉 and use also the Wordreference.com for the words you don't know at all...

Today we're officially starting with our first unit. We're supposed to review some structures and tenses like: present and past simple and progressive, routines, biographies...

So I have four proposals for you here:

1) Enter this link: Daily routine | Learn English Teens - British Council
Follow the instructions and do the four exercises. You are revising the present tense and some useful vocabulary on routines.

2) Then enter this other link: Past simple - irregular verbs | Learn English Teens - British Council
Ver las imágenes de origenEnter the site and follow the instructions: you have to watch the video, read the explanations and do the exercises.

3) And go here: Biography: Anne Frank.
Do you know who she was? Read the text, take the quiz and listen to the recorded reading. Please, send me a photo of your results to the mail.

4) Now you are prepared to do the next: choose of a famous person you are interested in (it can be an artist, a politician, a doctor, a scientist, etc.) and imagine a day in quarantine in the life of this person. You can research on the web about him or her first and then activate your imagination!! Of course, you can invent a bit and put some sense of humor!!  You can include some photographs and...

 you HAVE TO copy and paste your work as a comment to this post, ok?
Let me know if you can do it, right?

Suggested sites to look for information adapted to your levels (just copy and paste):
Remember to send me the photo of your results by mail 📭 and, to post a Comment here 👇 with your piece of writing including photographs of the celebrity you selected. Be creative!

13 comments:

  1. Harry Stiles
    “My quarantine day”
    Today, another quarantine day. To be honest I´m getting used to be in quarantine. It´s like a break from all the tours that I been doing during all this year due the announcement of my new album but I have to admit that it´s a bit boring, I mean, all the days I do the same things! I wake up at… I don’t know even the hour that I wake up! Well, after that, I have a shower and then I have breakfast or directly my lunch, depending on when I wake up. After that, I write new songs for my next album or practice piano or other instruments as guitar and violin to hone my skills.

    I also do video calls with my parents because now I´m in the USA and they are in England so we are so far from each other.

    Besides that, I do exercise to keep in shape but honestly, I don’t like it at all, I prefer to watch tv while I eat potato chips with my dog “Sammy”. All along this quarantine Sammy has been my partner, he makes me feel that I´m not here alone and also, I have someone to play.

    At ten o´clock I have dinner, then I brush my teeth and finally I go to bed at half-past eleven more or less.

    Joaquin Rodriguez 4to 26.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shakira
    My quarantine day

    I get up early at around eight in the moring but Iḿ very lazy and I get up at ten hahaha!!
    When I get up I start to sing a lot, I put my songs and I dance to them , later my childrens and my husband get up,and very rich breckfast.
    My days in quarantine are a bit fun sonce I make pople alive and we communicate over there, but I also miss going on tours of diferent parts of the world since singing is my thing.

    Milagros Silva 4°30

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Milagros! Thanks for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex Zurdo
    In this quarantine, I have learned much more, the value of family. And how important it is to share with them the values ​​of faith and God.
    I am writing many songs with my wife Dennise, I made a new call (there is not, but it will be left over). I also sing with my children, sophia and daniel. I am in contact with redimi2, my friend and my family. He is the husband of my wife's sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Jacqueline! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jaime Ross
    My life in quarantine.
    I get up at noon because I sleep very late.
    In my day I don't do much; I compose from time to time but I am very lazy (I don't have much imagination or passion to creating songs at the moment).
    At one I have breakfast, then I take a shower, and take a nap. I get up at five in the afternoon, I play the guitar a little, accompanying it with my voice. I stay around my house doing a bit of everything until nightfall; which is when I ask for something through in the application Pedidos Ya and then I fall asleep. That is my life in quarantine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! You don't like Jaime Roos that much, don't you?

      That was a very good job! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  9. Hi everyone, here Katy Perry!!!

    Today I´m going to tell you my quarantine routine.
    Ok, so let´s start.
    The first thing I do is wake up, I usually do it at six o'clock, and after twenty or thirty minute I get up. Then I do my breakfast, I always eat a fruit salad, (because we have to be healthe), with orange juice and coffee. After that i do exercise for like an hour and have a really good bath. Around half past eleven i have luch with my pet, yeah! I have lunch with it on the table. Then I use to do a videocall whith my friends for two hours or more. At five o'clock I do the lives on Instagram of course. After an hour I have dinner and on Saturdays I always eat pizza, around eight o'clock I watch a movie or two and then i go to bed.

    Well that was my daily routine, I hope you liked it and enjoyed it.
    Kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...is wake up - is to wake up
      ...after twenty or thirty minute - minuteS
      ...for like an hour - for an hour or so
      ... I do the lives on Instagram - I diagram or customize the Instagram lives

      Great job, Valentina! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete